Sunday, April 7, 2013

I knew I was going to be a teacher when... An iPhone Video Story...


When I first read about this assignment, I was quite scared and didn't know where to start.  I picked up my iPhone and did a google search for video story apps on iOS.  I came across a few freebies, I tried them out and didn't like them. If I couldn't figure out the program easily, I decided  I finally found a program called Storyrobe.  It was very easy to use. I can upload pictures and videos easily. After I upload the pictures, I can create recordings to go along with each of the pictures. I decided to use this program to create my video story.  I used safari to find pictures and I was fortunate enough to have many pictures already on my phone.  Anytime a student does something that is funny, inspires me, or wows me, I take a picture. I am glad I did these things now! I also used Keynote on my phone.  It is a mac based program that is similar to PowerPoint.  I used these to introduce the different parts of my story.  After I created the video with the pictures, I added the audio captions after. I first had to create a script.

I can see this used in the classroom. I could have students create a video story as a timeline. I can have them create a video story about the life of a famous person or an important historical event.

This video illustrates that I found the career for me when I was coaching swimming and it was confirmed on the first day of my student teaching assignment. I am reminded every day that this is the only career for me.  :)  I couldn't see myself doing anything else.

I have to apologize in advance, some of the audio ended up not being aligned with the photos.  I couldn't figure out how make sure it was aligned. I tried doing the audio over again. In the program, the audio is aligned, when I export it, something happens. It is still in order, just might fall behind.

Another problem I just experienced was getting the video from my phone to my computer to post.  The video was to big to send via iMessage, email or PhotoStream.  I decided to try dropbox.  I am glad I did. It worked!!

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment